A beta tester who has supposedly started working with Crytek has revealed that the company is not working on a game for the Wii U. But, “they created a Crysis 3 level just to fully understand the console capabilities”, and the results are promising. The game managed to run at thirty frames per second with these settings:
- DirectX 9
- Native 720p resolution
- FXAA filter (it is impossible to use txaa)
- High-quality texture (no pop up as in the Ps3/x360 game version due to the higher RAM amount)
- Not fully implemented water shaders
- “Great” particles effects (ambient occlusion on par with PC version)
- Lighting effect on par with PC version (ultra setting)
One of the limitations is that the developers weren’t able to turn off the display on the tablet controller though, so the staff thinks if that was possible, they would be able to run the game at a native 1080p resolution.
As is always almost the case though, this is a rumour, so take it with a grain of salt.